Coronavirus Response

UpdatedTuesday March 24, 2020 byBoys Baseball of Aurora BBA.

BBA Families,

The BBA Board had a meeting and is not yet willing to give up on having a season this year.  We are holding out hope that efforts to contain the virus will get it under control and thus allow us to provide the kids with a fun experience over the summer after having to deal with this life changing experience.  Time with friends and having fun is probably exactly what they will need.

That being said, we do not have a definitive date or schedule for anything at this point.  We have roughly laid out a few scenarios based on possible timelines when the Federal, State and Local government agencies determine the situation safe enough to relax containment procedures to allow sporting activities.  Until we have a better handle on that occurring it is next to impossible for us to provide dates, as we do not want to provide false hope or constantly changing target dates on you.

We are committed to trying to make this work and if not, as stated before, we will be making sure all families get covered by a refund.  Please stay safe and healthy.  We appreciate your patience and look forward to better days ahead.

Thanks!

BBA

***************************

BBA Families,

 
We wanted to let all of you know that in response to the Coronavirus outbreak we are making adjustments to our previously announced schedule in-line with responses of other local, state and national groups.
 
1.  Our primary evaluation day of March 22nd is being cancelled.  We have this tentatively rescheduled for April 5th with the hope that things will clear up and the worst of the crisis will be behind us.  If we have to move it again we will make everyone aware of that change well ahead of time.
2.  We are cancelling our alternative tryout.  Any players unable to attend the main tryout would still be placed on teams after the primary drafts are completed.
3.  Player drafts will be moved back one week to the week of April 13th.
4.  We will extend the registration period an additional two weeks and waive late fees through that period (March 29th).  
 
We believe these steps will help reduce the exposure for all of our families and limit potential contamination that is easily avoidable if we take this prudent course of action.  These steps will reduce some of our preseason time and early practices, but will still allow the season to start on time in early May.  If this outbreak continues to get worse, BBA will revisit these issues and make situation appropriate announcements in a timely fashion.  The health of these kids and their families is our primary concern.
 
We want to reaffirm that BBA has never been in the business of taking parents money and not providing an opportunity for players.  If for some reason we have to cancel the season the BBA Board will provide a refund policy that covers all families.
 
Please stay safe and take all due caution to help limit your exposure and the possible spread of this virus.  
 
Thank you!
BBA